Safety Measures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
‘Close contact services’, including Alexander Technique Teachers, are permitted to start seeing clients in person again from 12th April 2021. Like many others, I remain cautious about the pandemic, but I am happy to offer in-person sessions within the current guidance. Below are details of what the guidance requires you and me to do to keep us as safe as possible. Please read it carefully and let me know if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. I apologise if it all seems a bit much but remember the most important thing is that we do all we can to keep safe and well.
Supporting NHS Test and Trace
I will display an NHS Test and Trace Poster and ask you to scan the code with your NHS COVID-19 App if you have one. If you do not have the App, I will need to keep contact details for you, which I do anyway of course.
Screening for COVID-19
If your answer to any of the questions below is ‘yes’, please do not attend your appointment. Just let me know, and we will arrange another time.
- Are you required to be self-isolating? You are required to self isolate if:
- People who are waiting for a COVID-19 test result
- People who are identified as being a close contact of someone with coronavirus
- Returning travellers
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
For everyone attending sessions, I will check your answers to these questions when you arrive.
Maintaining social distance
- There will only be one client and me in the house at any one time.
- As I will be wearing a mask and a visor, close contact such as hands-on work is allowed; however, I will work by your side or behind you where it is practical to do so.
Personal Protective Equipment
Please bring a mask with you and wear it at all times. I will be wearing a mask, and a visor as the guidance requires.
Keeping everything clean
- Use a hand sanitiser when you arrive and as needed during our session. I will ask you to do the same using either the product I provide, or you are welcome to bring your own
- Clean surfaces between each client, including door handles, chairs, treatment tables, etc.
- Provide paper towels and tissues to use as needed and touch-free bins for their safe disposal
- Wear a clean mask, visor and top for each client
Please wrap up warm as I will be keeping windows open to ensure good ventilation.
Providing and Explaining Available Guidance
I will email you a copy of my current safety measures before your first appointment and have a copy available at my house for us to refer to if needed.
- Please bring a drink with you if you think you will need one
- To avoid unnecessary contact, I would prefer you to pay by bank transfer. If this is not possible, cash or cheques are still okay.
- I have had my first vaccine and will go for my second as soon as it is offered to me
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions
Bridget Barr 12.4.2021